Discussion in 'International Area' started by ex-egll, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ex-egll

ex-egll New Member

Hi, once I have created a graph using the endvalue wizard to set the parameters the way I want them, can this graph be saved as a template so that I don't have to use the endvalue wizard everytime?

ex-egll
  2. Dominik

Dominik Administrator Staff Member

Hi !

Yes this is possible. Just use Graphic -> Save Graphicdraft.
    This will save a template for our settings which is used for your device.
  3. ex-egll

ex-egll New Member

Thanks Domimik,

All the best for 2009
  4. fmeschia

fmeschia New Member

I tried to follow the above procedure, but every time it seems that the maximum end value is always set to "auto", and not to the value that I set manually. Is this the correct and expected behaviour?
    Francesco
  5. Dominik

We have to check that.

No this is not as expected.
  6. fmeschia

fmeschia New Member

As a further clarification: the behaviour I described seems to happen when I load a previously saved "Grafikvorlage".
  7. Dolphyn

Dolphyn New Member

I have the same problem. It saves the minimum value correctly, but it doesn't save the maximum value for my Cells 2-6. Thanks!
  8. Dominik

9. fmeschia

fmeschia New Member

I think you're right, the settings are indeed stored correctly in the settings file. Problem is, they are not honored by LogView when you open the settings file. I can send you a settings file for my Robbe Infinity III for 2S LiPo packs: single cell voltage limits in the file are 2.5V...4.5V, but when I open the settings file in Logview the axis limits are 0...2.5V (as if "minimum value" was interpreted as "maximum value").
  10. Dominik

Hi !

Please attach the file to your next posting.
    I will take a look.
  11. fmeschia

fmeschia New Member

Thank you Dominik, here's the settings file.

Attached Files:

12. Dolphyn

Dolphyn New Member

I've done some more testing. It seems to work correctly if I load data and then "open graphicdraft".

But if I "open graphicdraft" first, with no data present, then Cells 2-6 show 0V to 2.5V instead of 2.5V to 4V. I can correct it manually using "Range Wizzard", but program errors occur if I try to correct it manually using "Graphic Editor (easy)". A screen shot is attached.

My LVT file is attached. My intention is to display 2.5V to 4V for Cells 1-6, and hide everything else. (By the way, is there any way to make this the default view?)

Thanks!

Attached Files:

13. Dominik

Hi Dolphyn,

I think I got your problem :)

But first of all some notes to your LVT file. If you open it in a text editor you will see the following configuration for the cells 1-6 (this is only a subset ...):
    Automatic = False
    AutomaticMaximum = False
    AutomaticMinimum = False
    Maximum = 4.000000000000000000
    Minimum = 2.500000000000000000

So in general all is fine. The graphic template is well done :cool:

But now lets step over to your "real" problem...
    Your file is named "2S LiPo.lvt" or "6S 2.5 to 4V.lvt". And this is your "problem".

If LogView gets started it looks for a default template in the folder:
    <Drive>:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\LogView\Templates Grafik

If I´m right you use a CellLog 8S from Junsi. So LogView will search for a file called:
    Junsi CellLog 8S_K1.lvt

If this file with exactly this naming is present in the directory LogView will use it as default template for that device with Channel 1 (Devices with more channels have K2, K3, ... at the end).

If LogView can´t find a proper file for a device with correct naming it will show a default setting where all series are active, start at 0 and have maximum set to automatic.

So what can you do in order to get your needed view / default template?

• Set up your series / axis as you like.
    • Save the default Template by using this button:
      Vorlage.png
    That´s all. Now LogView starts always with your favourite graphic settings.

What about different files like "2S LiPo.lvt"?
    You can still use these files but always keep in mind that they are not used as default templates after loading a device. Use these extra files to change the view of an existing chart. You figured it out by yourself: "....It seems to work correctly if I load data and then "open graphicdraft". ...."

This is fixed in the next version. Sorry for that.
  14. fmeschia

fmeschia New Member

Now I understand! Thank you for taking the time to explain this!