Discussion in 'International Area' started by tucuman79, Jan 4, 2010.

1. tucuman79

tucuman79 New Member

I´ve try Logview but it seems not to work properly in my computer.
    I´ve made the serial interface such as this is in the website and one variant I found (the last comment in this page http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9614067#post9614067 ). But in no case it works. I have a true serial interface in my computer, no USB-SERIAL adapter. I´ve try charging 2, 3 and 4 cells lipos.
    I send you some screen captures to show you what I´ve done, I hope you can help me.
    Thank you very much!

Ruben

Attached Files:

2. Dominik

Dominik Administrator Staff Member

Hi !

I think this is a problem of setting DTR / RTS to the correct value.

You are using adapters which are powered by the serial port. To ensure a correct working adapter you have to enable the "power supply". This could be done by editing the corresponding INI file.

So open the Robbe PowerPeak III.ini file in the following directory:
    <drive>\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\LogView\Geraete

Search for the lines:
    SetDTR = 0
    SetRTS = 0

and replace the 0 with 1:
    SetDTR = 1
    SetRTS = 1

This will power up your adapter if you open the port in LogView.

I will add this changes to the INI file for further installations.

Hope this helps :)
  3. tucuman79

tucuman79 New Member

I made the changes you told me but it´s the same, nothing happens.

I´m using 2 cells lipo and a I´m receiving data in the serialporterminal as you can see en the picture below.

What else can I do?

pic1.jpg
  4. tucuman79

tucuman79 New Member

Is the software able to work with Windows Vista? I heard it only works with baterries with 6 or more cells, is it true?
  5. Dominik

Hi !

It seems to me that the charger is inactive at the time you record the data.
    LogView only records data if you charge / discharge !

For sure !

This is absolut nonsense :)

Could you post the output of the Serial Port Terminal here, please? I will check that data.
    But keep in mind to have an active charge or discharge running on the charger !
  6. tucuman79

tucuman79 New Member

Finally it works !!! you were right, I didn't have an active charge, that was the problem.
    I give you a little advice, the .ini files in Windows Vista are in the folder:

<drive>\users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\LogView\Geraete

Thank you again!
  7. Dominik

Hi !

Great.

Well ... I know that :) I only copied my path from XP to point you in the correct direction ;)
  8. tucuman79

tucuman79 New Member

New Version 2.7.3.481

Hi again, I´ve downloaded the latest version 2.7.3.481, then I uninstall the old version and then I install the new one.

I have got the MEGAPOWER INFINITY 960SR charger, it wasnt availabe in the old version but it is now available in the new. When I choose this charger in the "Choose device and port" menu, I can´t see the graphics but the "Serial logging" windows shows the information received from the port. Then I choose the ROBBER POWERPEAK III charger and I can see the graphics and "Serial loggin" information as well.
    Can you help me please with this issue?
    Thank you!

Regards

p3.jpg p2.jpg p1.jpg p4.jpg
  9. Dominik

I`ll have to check that.