Discussion in 'International Area' started by bigman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. bigman

bigman New Member

Hello,
    Recently, I have bought a Bantam charger BC-610 and would like to use the Logview software to connect this charger directly to my PC for viewing the single value of each cell. There is a USB port at the right side of charger.

Could this port connect to my PC via RS232 directly to see the data with Logview software?
    If yes, in what way can this USB port connect to my PC?
    If not, in what way can this USB port connect to my PC?

I have no idea how to build up a USB cable to connect this charger to my PC.

Thank you in advance for your kindest support.
  2. Dominik

Dominik Administrator Staff Member

Hi Bigman,

For sure but not directly ;)

Just use a normal USB cabel with a USB Mini adapter at the one side. There should be one in your Charger package ... But you can use almost every USB cable whichs fits into the USB port from your charger and at the other end to your PC. Digital cameras usually uses such cables ;)

The USB Cable is the one thing. But you need a driver to install the virtual serial port. Look at this site : https://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/default.aspx
    Look for "Software Downloads" and select CP210x VCP Win.... After you installed this driver you should have a new serial port within your system.

Use this port to connect your charger to LogView.

Hope this helps ... If not ask again :)
  3. bigman

bigman New Member

Thank you!
    I will try when I get the cable.